Bayern Munich have been repeatedly linked with Antonio Rüdiger in recent months. Reports have been circulating that Bayern distanced from the transfer deal for Chelsea’s professional for financial reasons.
Antonio Rüdiger is leaving Chelsea in the summer. Head coach Thomas Tuchel officially confirmed on Sunday: „The situation is that he will leave us. He informed me a few days ago in a personal conversation. Of course we are disappointed,“ he told Sky.
The 29-year-old central defender is about to move to Real Madrid. Rüdiger is said to have already verbally agreed on a transfer with the „Royal Whites‘.
Bayern was again in contact with Rüdiger
The German international player was considered as a possible replacement for Niklas Süle at Bayern at the end of last year. However, interest quickly cooled off after the first contact, as Bayern were not willing to meet the defender’s salary demands.
„SPORT1“ journalist Kerry Hau has now revealed Bayern recently knocked on the player’s entourage door again. Unfortunately, the record champion came too late. At that point, the interest of other clubs (Juventus, PSG, and Real Madrid) was already too concrete. According to the journalist, no concrete figures were discussed.