Bayern Munich News

Thomas Muller provides COVID update: Says he’s healthy, but is not rushing comeback

Thomas Müller
Foto: CHRISTOF STACHE/AFP via Getty Images

Thomas Muller has provided an update on his health after testing positive for coronavirus last week. He was forced to miss Bayern Munich’s FIFA Club World Cup final against Tigres, and has ruled out of Saturday’s Bundesliga clash with Eichtract Frankfurt.

Muller sent a message to his fans on Instagram and said: “I’m healthy and I feel good”. The 31-year-old can only return to training after returning a negative test next week.

However, he did add that he is playing it safe, and will not rush his comeback. According to Abendzeitung, Muller also said: “there’s nothing really exciting to tell” and that he will have to “be a little careful before it goes in the direction of harder training.”

Hansi Flick’s side take on Lazio in the Champions League next week, and Muller is certain to miss that as well.

Bayern have had a number of players ruled out in recent weeks, with Corentin Tolisso, the latest victim. The club have officially confirmed that Tolisso will be ruled out for “at least three months”.

Flick was shocked and disappointed for Tolisso, and said: “It’s a serious muscle injury on the left thigh, a tendon tear. He has already been operated on. I’m just sorry. We are all shocked.

“It didn’t indicate itself at all and he didn’t have any problems before. It’s almost a tragedy when you look at your injury history. We expect at least three months. Unfortunately, it’s not an easy job. But he will get the time he needs.”